The course will familiarize the students with the gastrointestinal, endocrine and urinary Systems, including
1. Physiology and regulation of the urinary system
2. Metabolic component of pH
3. Composition of urine
4. Gastrointestinal motility
5. Absorption and metabolism
6. Liver and bile
7. Endocrine system
8. Hypothalamus, pituitary and thyroid glands
9. Pancreas as an endocrine gland
10. Parathyroid hormones
- Teacher: Dimitrios Farmakis
Welcome to MED313!
This course aims to teach you:
- General principles of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Dose-response relationships of drugs.
- Major groups of drugs, doses, and methods of administration. Pharmacology of the various tracts & systems of the body:
- Teacher: Alexia Polissidis
- Cardiovascular system (cardiac failure, heart attack-chest pain, acute pulmonary edema, right and left heart failure, clinical signs of thrombophlebitis)
- Respiratory system (acute and chronic dyspnea, acute and chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive respiratory disease, pleural effusion, pulmonary consolidation, pneumonia/bronchopneumonia, pneumothorax, pulmonary embolism)
- Renal system (nephrotic syndrome, chronic renal failure, bladder and acute cystitis, pyelonephritis)
- Endocrine system (hyper and hypo-thyroidism, acromegaly, dwarfism, osteoporosis)
- Skin diseases (lymph node palpation, allergies, eczema and dermatitis, cutaneous nevi-clinical characteristics)
- Teacher: Theodoros Xanthos