The course will familiarize the students with the respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, urinary and reproductive systems, including:
- Pulmonary ventilation, circulation and gas exchange
- Cardiac conduction system
- Intracardiac pressures and volumes, cardiac output and their regulation
- Blood flow and resistance.
- Coronary circulation.
- Gastrointestinal motility and secretions.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Renal flow, glomerular filtration, tubular reabsorption and secretion.
- The role of hormones in sex differentiation.