This course focuses on helping students develop advanced therapeutic skills, as they gradually work towards building their identity as counselling psychologists. Students will further work their formulation skills and develop the ability to plan integrative interventions in individual therapy. Finally, this course provides the ground for students to develop self-reflectivity and therefore to critically evaluate their therapeutic skills and their identity as counselling psychologists.
By the end of the course students should be able to demonstrate:
- · Demonstrate knowledge of psychological formulation
- · Apply advanced therapeutic interventions based on their preliminary formulation and therapy plan
- · Integrate therapeutic skills
- Apply successfully integrative interventions in a variety of client groups and difficulties
- Engage in a reflective evaluation of their identity as counselling psychologists selling psychologists.
- Teacher: zoe apostolidou